No matter how careful you are, you can still become a victim of identity theft.
Each day, criminals find new ways to steal personal information, like Social Security and driver license numbers, so they can take over existing accounts and open fraudulent new ones.
Each year, between 7 and 10 million Americans will fall prey to identity theft. Each victim will spend valuable time and money restoring their credit standing and personal reputation. Some victims may even be forced to prove their innocence against unwarranted criminal charges.
If you become a victim of identity theft, you need to know about it right away.
The longer criminals have your personal information, the more damage they can do.
Seek extra protection right away!
Identity theft poses a serious threat to your personal and financial reputation. You deserve the peace of mind.
Follow These Tips and Best Practices to Help Protect Your Bank Account
- First National Bank Minnesota will never call you to request information you received via text (SMS) or pressure you to reset your online banking log in password
- Don’t trust caller ID; Caller ID may be modified to show First National Bank Minnesota name
- Don’t provide your online banking log in credentials, one-time password, account number or personal information by email or text or phone call. Using their published phone number, reach out to First National Bank Minnesota to confirm that the request is legitimate
- Don’t give information over the phone if you receive a call stating that a transaction is canceled, even if the caller claims to be from First National Bank Minnesota. Once again, contact us using a published phone number to inquire about the transaction
- Don’t click on links in unsolicited emails or texts
- Don’t give an unsolicited caller remote access to your computer
If you have any concerns about “Identity Theft” please contact our universal bankers today.
First Choice Club
As a club member, you will receive many bonuses, offers, and educational opportunities to reward your hard work and careful money management throughout your life.
When you open a First Choice Checking account, it will include an account with a cash card or check card with no monthly fee, combined with unlimited check writing. In addition to this we offer many other services and benefits. Please see a Universal Banker for complete details of your account.
When you have a minimum of $5,000 in combined deposits, a variety of fun and creative activities are available to you in our Club. You can enjoy social gatherings with food and entertainment with other club members. Our members also enjoy traveling to plays, exhibits, historic sites and sporting events. You can enjoy special rates and worry-free travel while we make all the arrangements and plans!
Join the club today!
First National Bank Minnesota and the First Choice Club will be spending the afternoon on Tuesday, June 27th enjoying lunch while cruising beautiful Lake Minnetonka! Lake Minnetonka is one of the largest lakes in Minnesota, with over 125 miles of shoreline to be seen. Beautiful homes, boating, and nature await on your private 2-hour Lake Minnetonka boat cruise. Lunch includes a Fried Chicken Dinner with Potato Salad, Garden Salad with Dressing, Rolls and Butter, Pickles and BBQ Sauce, Passed Assorted Desserts, and Soft Drinks/Juice/Coffee. There will be a full cash bar available for those interested. Stop by any of our branch locations and visit a Universal Banker to find out more about this First Choice Club outing and register to attend!